In this Newsletter:
- Vintage Styling Workshop
- Cooly Rocks On Pin Up Pageant
- Lets get Fancy and Go to a Ball
- Extra Curricular in the Studio
- IWD 2022 #Breakthebias
- Kmart Books of Interest
Vintage Styling Workshop
Saturday 14th May 2022 – 12 Noon t 4pm
must book direct by emailing me: [email protected]
Using tools and also learning without tools.
If you have ever dreamed of having that classic, vintage look but never knew how? Do you long for a bit of 1940s glamour, 50’s cheesecake or retro style? Miss Chrissy and her Team can help you.
Yes we do Victory Rolls, Barrel Curls, Betty Bangs, Hollywood Rolls and Gibson Rolls too. We just start with Pin Curls!!
Your scarves, hats and accessories if you need some help styling them.
Hairspray, Brushes, Combs and hot rollers or hot sticks (if you have),
Hair Ties and Slide Combs, head bands etc. whatever you have.
Cooly Rocks On Pin Up Pageant
Lets get Fancy and Go to a Ball?
Flip out the CC today!! Ray and I have exclusivity of these tickets, (only for a few more days though!) for YOU, our fav peeps to get the BEST seats in the house. Ray and I are on table 26 and I encourage you to buy your tickets NOW and get all the tables around the dance floor – (The best seats in the house) after this exclusive period, it goes to market and you may not get anywhere close to us and the stage/dance floor. We are throwing our whole support into this event and I am personally on board with assisting them with styling/entertainment line up etc. The venue is GREAT! PS: and YES I wrote the copy too! ha! This is our Very Swellagant affair done different but just as swanky AND you get a 3 course Dinner! Book now..
“Take the A Train Swing Ball”.
ALL ABOARD.. Take the A Train to the biggest Swing Ball of the Year…
“Take the A Train Swing Ball” is a fabulous and unique event that will take place on the sensational Gold Coast on the night of Saturday 17th September 2022. The sights and sounds of last century’s “Grand Balls” awaits you. Combining lifestyle, music, dance and the allure of the heady days of the Copacabana Club of the 1930’s New York, we will transport you to a high-spirited atmosphere and you will be immersed into the most fashionable highlight of the year.
The entertainment program of the night features the 13 piece Big Band “Sweet Thunder”. Spotlight entertainment to surprise and delight you also will be peppered throughout the evening.
A night for love. A night for dreams. A night to remember for the rest of your life.
Take the A Train Swing Ball will take place at the Gold Coast Croatia Sports Centre on Saturday, September 17th, 2022. Doors open at 6.00 pm. Tickets $99 including a three course meal.
****** MENU ******
Meza – Antipasto
Prosciutto, smoked ham, salami and cheese garnished with olives and pickled cucumber
Main (Alternate Drops)
Char Grilled 200g Eye Fillet Steak & BBQ Prawns
Served with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, Broccolini & Red Wine sauce
Chicken Supreme & Avocado
Served with sauteed baby potato, broccolini and orange sauce
Vegetarian Options also offered
selection of fresh seasonable fruits
Tea and Coffee
Full Cash Bar available.
*** Covid Refund Policy: If a Qld Health Directive prevents this event from proceeding you will be offered a full refund.
Extra Curricular in the Studio:
Our little humble Dance Studio/Charm School Salon is a multi purpose area that we enjoy so much. Click on gallery below
The last couple of months it has been used for:
- Vintage /Boudoir Makeovers and Photos Shoots;
- Vintage Styling Workshops
- Private Consults and Makeovers
- Hens Parties
- Burlesque, Blues, Charleston Dance Workshops
- Dance Rehearsals
- Self Taping Auditions/Recordings
- Private Dance Lessons
- Movie Nights
- Guest Bedroom for Family & Friends
A list of dance workshops coming up that you might enjoy is listed below also!
Those who have visited us and our studio know that we are in the midst of a very slow renovation. Made slow only by the fact that Ray has/and is doing 100% of the work in between working/kids/responsibilities.. We are very proud of how far it has come. I love seeing people faces when they walk through a building/un-renovated space and enter this very special and beautiful studio/salon, their eyes light up, a smile crosses their face and are very kind with their compliments. Patience is a virtue for sure!
- I bought the embossed pink flamingo wallpaper in 2015 not knowing where or when I was to ever use it.
- I bought the chandelier years ago also for the same reason.
- The Brooches Artwork is made up of a collection of all my Mum’s brooches found on her coats, blouses and frocks when we were cleaning out her wardrobe after she passed away, she was with me at the start of the Lindy Charm School journey, in fact, it really was her that shaped who we are today, and is with me every time I step into that room..
- The 1930’s original etched glass sliding door was pulled out of a house in Melbourne by a dear friend and then stored in Melbourne for about 5 years until we had a home for it!
- The front door was picked up from a throw out about 20 years ago and sat in our shed until such time as a home was found. It makes the most amazing backdrop for photos but I now need to find a stained glass repairer to fix her up.
- Those theatre curtains were bought by my Sister’s Partner Brendan, as he wanted to create a magical space for Jack (her son) to live and feel happy whilst his Mum (My sister Elisha) was dying of cancer. Those curtains remained until one day I asked Brendan if I could have them. When I look at them I think fo Elisha and Jack and that beautiful space that beautiful man created for them.
- Behind those curtains is a full theatre screen for those Pizza and Movie Nights. Behind all those mirrors is a wardrobe for my vintage and plenty of storage to hide all the stuff one collects.
- The pink and black retro bathroom has been in mind mind for ever, I knew I wanted it to feel 1930’s art deco but also 1950’s mid century but have the mod cons of today. I think we nailed it.
We still have a bit to do with the Hollywood lights around my styling area but o the whole she’s open for business and e are keeping her busy and activated with joy!
Coming up in the studio if you want to book in:
IWD 2022 #Breakthebias
Tune in Tuesday 8th March where I will be sharing a very special collaboration in honour of IWD 2022 #BreaktheBias
Imagine a gender equal world. A world free of bias, stereotypes and discrimination. A world that’s diverse, equitable, and inclusive. A world where difference is valued and celebrated. Together we can forge women’s equality. Collectively we can all #BreakTheBias.
Little People Big Dreams – A beautiful book series:
There are soooo many great books, I want them all but alas… Reading about this author really reinforces the slow burn passion and dedication to her dream. 20 years in the making and now translated into 20 languages and over 7.5 million sold so far. You can buy these and man many more at Kmart at the moment or online I’m guessing through many outlets that sell box series.
Little People, BIG DREAMS first came to life because author Maria Isabel had an idea—an idea that blossomed into a dream that came to life in a book series!
Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara is the author and creator of the inspirational best-selling series Little People, BIG DREAMS. Growing up in the ’70s in Barcelona, her heroines were Pippi Longstocking, Momo and Tinkerbell, and she felt great admiration for the Spanish poet Gloria Fuertes. She dreamed of becoming a poet just like her one day. It took Maria Isabel almost 40 years and most of her savings to make her dream come true. In 2012, after 20 years of working in advertising, she self-published her first book. Two years later, she released what was meant to be a birth present for her twin nieces, Alba and Claudia: the very first title in the Little People, BIG DREAMS series.
At the beginning the series was first published in Spain as Pequeña & GRANDE by Alba Editorial, and now Little People, BIG DREAMS is translated into more than twenty languages. Maria Isabel likes to think the success of the series relies on the fact that children love to read real stories about other children achieving great things. It gives them the strength and the courage to believe in themselves and dream BIG. As The Independent once said: “What a cool way to drift off to sleep.”
Now with more than 7.5 million copies sold worldwide, the series continues to grow and expand, introducing children around the world to artists, trailblazers, and dreamers who each made a big impact in the world around them.
Til next time, Stay Fabulous….
xxx Miss Chrissy