Fancy a little old-school glamour? Let the Lindy Charm School for Girls Show you how to achieve these looks yourself.
In these workshops we will show you how to achieve that primped, preened and ready for a Mr Cecil B DeMille Close-up in no time!
If you have ever dreamed of having that classic, vintage look but never knew how? Do you long for a bit of 1940s glamour, 50’s cheesecake or retro style? Miss Chrissy and her Team can help you.
Covering: 1920’s to the 1960’s with a heavy focus on:
1930’s & 40s Vintage Old Hollywood Hair & Makeup;
1950s Classic Style Hair & Makeup:
Pin Up/Retro and Kustom Kulture Looks also covered.
Yes we do Victory Rolls, Barrel Curls, Betty Bangs, Hollywood Rolls and Gibson Rolls too. We just start with Pin Curls!!
- This class will start with the fundamentals and we will transition through to a finished look together.
- Just before we head off into our new world of fabulousness I will run you through your best shapes for your body, for posing, for pictures or just for good posture.
- This class is open to all ages and if you are wanting to achieve some of these looks? Then this is the class for you…
Classes begin promptly so please arrive 10 mins prior to class commencement so as not to miss out on any of the fun!
Our workshops specialise in participation and everyone getting involved, so to ensure you achieve the most out of our classes we advise you to bring some necessary items.
Things to bring with you
- Your own make up – Don’t stress if you do not possess much , we sell it all – just bring your Mascara..
- Bobby pins
- Stand Up Makeup Mirror
NB: Hair is easier to work with if it is not FRESHLY washed…
- Styling tools such as hot rollers, foam rollers, curling irons are optional as we instruct you on styles with and without the use of any tools.
Intermediate Workshop attendees need to bring (in addition to basics above) the following:
- Slide Combs (matching your hair colour)
- Hot Rollers and/or Hot Sticks
NB: We do sell the following items at the workshop if you wish to bring some extra cash with you:
- The LCS Essential Perfect Pout Lipstick & Liner Set – $40
- The LCS Essential Hair Starter Kit – $35
- The LCS Essential Brush Starter Kit – $65
- The LCS Essential Blotting Power – $35
- The LCS Essential Boar Bristle Brush – $20
- The LCS Essential/Original Nylon Scarves – $12
- The LCS Essential Rat Tail Comb – $5
- The LOCS Essential “Perfect PinCurls While Beaty Sleeps” Cap – $15
- The LCS Essential Makeup Kit – $100
- Betty Bang Fringe – $5
- Gibson Roll – $10
- Flowers – $6
- Do Rags – $10
- Essential Setting Lotion – $22
- Dolly Pegs – $5
- Pin Curl Clips – $10
- Seamed Nude Fishnets – $22
- Waist Cinches – $85
- Catch A Thief Sunglasses – $25
- Cuban Heeled Pantyhose – $25
- Turban Headbands – $20
- Wonder Woman Brooches – $25
Content: Workshop Content
The Essential Vintage Hair Styles
Learn fundamental techniques and History to set you on your way to creating unique vintage hairstyles. Basic techniques include :
- Pin curling – Learn to create a perfect pin curl and the basic principles behind pin curl styling.
- Victory Rolls – Learn to style your hair using this versatile & classic look
- Setting Hair – Learn to use what ever you have (hot rollers, foam rollers, curling iron & pins etc) to give yourself an easy and stylish vintage look.
- Fringe care – Tips and tricks for styling your fringe perfectly.
Old Hollywood Glamour – Make Up
- Core tips, tricks and basic application techniques.
- Begin with a vintage inspired base to build upon. Learn about styles, colours and applications from the 1930′s through to the late 1950′s
Fashion , Posture and Manners
Learn the importance of undergarment and, time permitting, to distinguish different decades by learning about fabrics, patterns & designs. What is and what isn’t vintage… Advice on cuts and styles to suit you, so you can begin to create your unique vintage wardrobe. I will teach you the art of Good Posture, Posing and the all important Charm and Manners every savvy lady should possess.
*NB Sadly it is not enough to rely on good manners anymore when it comes to non-attendance at a workshop after your place has been booked, paid and confirmed, I now have to make note of the following:
The Good Manners Refund Policy:
NB: Amount of refund will be less any fees I have been charged (if any) – Valid for 6 months.
- 72 Hours notice of inability to attend due to unforseen circumstances = 50% refund (either cash or product or carry over to next workshop)
- 48 Hours notice of inability to attend due to unforseen circumstances = 25% refund (either cash or product or carry over to next workshop)
- Advice on the day of workshop of inability to attend due to unforseen circumstances = 10% refund (either cash or product or carry over to next workshop)
- No show/No advice – No Refund